It’s a feel-good thing. Do you love dogs? Are you looking to make a difference, learn something new, give back to your community, and meet people with similar interests? As a Second City Canine Rescue (SCCR) volunteer, you get to contribute to a cause you care about.
We are always looking for passionate people willing to help. If you are at least sixteen years old, we would LOVE to have you be a partner in furthering our mission of “rescuing responsibly.”
Below are some areas where we always need volunteers. Do any of these opportunities sound like a good fit for you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below. Once your application is reviewed, we will contact you to schedule a volunteer orientation.
Foster Home (Visit our Foster Page)
- Cares for a dog as their own until it finds it forever home
- Brings dog to veterinarian for care as seen fit and scheduled by medical coordinator
- Brings dog to adoption events, or the SCCR Adoption Center for potential families to meet
Adoption Show Handler
- Spread awareness about SCCR’s mission
- Introduce the dog you are handling while at the Adoption Show
- Love and play with the dog you’re handling
- Involve adoption counselors when potential adopters are recognized
Handlers must be at least 16 years old
Marketing/Public Relations/Social Media Team Member
- Help strategize on ways to promote SCCR and its dogs.
- Help design engaging email campaigns and/or social media posts
- Write compelling adoption biographies
- Graphic Design
- Data collection and analysis
Fundraising Team Committee Member
- Solicit donations in various, creative, and unique ways
- Help create new ideas and venues for fundraising events
- Be a part of our “think tank”
- Have an idea we didn’t touch base on? You can help!
Adoption Center Volunteer (opening soon!)
- Come by our Adoption Center (located at 570 N Smith St in Palatine) to walk dogs and socialize them as they wait to meet their forever families!
- Welcome visitors
- Clean kennels and tidy the living spaces