It’s a feel-good thing. Do you love dogs? Are you looking to make a difference, learn something new, give back to your community, and meet people with similar interests? As a Second City Canine Rescue (SCCR) volunteer, you get to contribute to a cause you care about.
We are always looking for passionate people willing to help. If you are at least sixteen years old, we would LOVE to have you be a partner in furthering our mission of “rescuing responsibly.”
Below are some areas where we always need volunteers. Do any of these opportunities sound like a good fit for you? Please click on the link at the bottom of the page to begin your online application,
Note: 9.6.23 We have reached capacity and are unable to accept student volunteer applications
8.20.23-9.6.23 We will be accepting applications from 16-17 year-old students from August 20th-September 6th or until we reach capacity for teen volunteers. Once we have reached capacity, we will be unable to accept applications for high school/scholarship/college required service learning hours for the 23-24 school year.
Foster Home (Visit our Foster Page)
- Cares for a dog as their own until it finds it forever home
- Brings dog to veterinarian for care as seen fit and scheduled by medical coordinator
- Brings dog to adoption events, or the SCCR Adoption Center for potential families to meet
Adoption Center Volunteer
- Volunteer at our Adoption Center (located at 570 N Smith St in Palatine) to walk dogs* and socialize them as they wait to meet their forever families!
- Welcome potential adopters as they arrive for their appointments
- Clean kennels, tidy the living spaces, and help socialize dogs
*Volunteers must be at least 18 years old to walk dogs.
Marketing/Public Relations/Social Media Team Member
- Help strategize on ways to promote SCCR and its dogs.
- Help design engaging email campaigns and/or social media posts
- Write compelling adoption biographies
- Graphic Design
- Data collection and analysis
Fundraising Team Committee Member
- Solicit donations in various, creative, and unique ways
- Help create new ideas and venues for fundraising events
- Be a part of our “think tank”
- Have an idea we didn’t touch base on? You can help!
Adoption Show Handler
- Spread awareness about SCCR’s mission
- Introduce the dog you are handling while at the Adoption Show
- Love and play with the dog you’re handling
- Involve adoption counselors when potential adopters are recognized
Important: Please check your spam folder for replies from @sccrescue.org and @volunteer2mail.com or safelist firstname.lastname@example.org by adding to your contacts.
We are unable to provide court-ordered community service hours.
Email questions to email@example.com